Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Product Name:||PON PLC Splitter||Fiber Port:||1x8|
|Package Type:||ABS Box||Optical Connector:||SC / UPC|
|Cable Jacket:||LSZH||Fiber Type:||G657A1|
|Bending Radius:||10~15mm||Cable OD:||2.0mm|
FA-PLCA1×8SU, 1x8 PON PLC Fiber Splitter With ABS Enclosure And SC/UPC Input & Output Pigtail
PDL polarization loss is an important index to measure the fiber optic PLC splitter, but if the operation is not standard during the test process of PLC splitter, it will bring large error and affect the accuracy of the test. So how to reduce the measurement error and form good habit for PDL test of fiber optic PLC splitter?
1. The light source for PDL measurement must be a high stable light source. The short term stability of the light source should be roughly equivalent to the expected PDL measurement accuracy. If you want to achieve the measurement accuracy of PDL 0.02dB, source of short-term power stability must be higher than 0.02dB.
2. It is suggested that an isolator be added at the input end of the test instrument to reduce the light reflected from the downstream connector and the device to be measured into the light source.
3, In order to reduce the reflection light into the light source, thus reducing the resulting light instability, the APC fiber connector should be used between the light source and the test instrument.
4, The polarization state of the light source should be relatively stable. The rapid fluctuation of the polarization state of the light source will result in the fluctuation of the measurement results.
5, The wavelength of the light source should be relatively stable. Because birefringence exists in optical fiber between the light source and the measuring instrument, so fast fluctuation of the wavelength of the light source will cause the rapid fluctuation of the polarization state.
6. Fiber optic jumper with smaller PDL should be used to connect the device to be measured.
7. In order to reduce the measurement error caused by secondary reflection, the APC fiber connector should be used to input the light into the measuring instrument and the device to be measured.
8. In order to reduce PDL effect of connector, the PC connector should be used to introduce the output light of the device to the measuring instrument. The output light of the PC connector will be directly injected into the free space photodetector inside the measuring instrument. If use APC connector here, it will generate 0.03 to 0.04 dB PDL error.
9. Because the bending will produce a PDL that can not be ignored in the optical fiber, the fiber between two connectors should not have a strong bending or tight winding.
Technical Specifications Of 1x8 PON PLC Splitter
|Polarization Dependent Loss ( PDL )||Max.||dB||0.2|
|Operating Wavelength||1260~1650 nm|
|Operating Temperature Range||℃||–40~85|
|Fiber Connector Type||SC,FC,LC and etc.|
|Fiber Type||SM G.657A1 or Customized|
|Package Dimension||Bare Fiber Type||L*W*H||mm||50*4*4|
|Mini Steel Tube||L*W*H||mm||60*7*4|